Bachelor of Computer Application - BCA
Fees : Rs 20500 Per Year
(Certification Course in Solar Energy with Cloud Technology)
Hostel Fees 3500 Per Month
3 year degree course from SDSUV (SriDev Suman Uttarakhand University)
ScholarShip of 15000 for 80% & above in 12th
6 Sharing: 3500 Per Month
3 Sharing: 5500 Per Month
2 Sharing: 6500 Per Month
Our Placement Stastistics
Your choice if you have maths in your 12th Standard & want career in computers &
its related fields :
This course caters the software aspect of computers in broader sense. Six semesters
of BCA course will inculcate a knowledge of working components of computer like
its basic physical structure, software that makes hardware run, various programming
languages and tools that would be needed by development of computer programs, etc.
Apart from software there are other fields too like networking, online business,
hardware manufacturing and integration, etc.
To know about complete fee structure for BCA
You can show us your interest in our institute by registering with us. Click here to register with Kelvin Institute
The learning in BCA Degree programme is facilitated with development of live projects
in industry in order to deliver practical knowledge to students and expose them
to the corporate working environment.
What you will learn
- Programming Languages like C, C++, Java, etc. to design and develop software.
- Concept of software engineering and software development life cycle in order to
design successful software.
- Basics of computer organization like internal structure, memory composition, storage,
operating system, processor and their attributes.
- Use of mathematics in computer science for purpose of building logics and algorithms.
- Basics of computer networks to understand the world of computer connectivity via
LAN and Web.
- Understanding concept of storing and accessing data with the use of database management
tools and IDEs (Integrated Development Environment)
- Some subjects like business communication and personnel management to enhance your
organizational and team management skills. Read More...
Special free Classes
of english language for Uttar Pradesh (UP), Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana, Uttarakhand
Hill Area & Other States Read
No one can deny the popularity of computer and software. There is numerous demand
of various software like college management software, accounting software, games,
etc. Having said that, this indicates that there is wide career scope in being computer
Choosing this course means you can aim to hold any of the following job profiles
at the time of on-campus or off-campus placements:
- Application Developer Profile
- Assistant Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Team Leader & Project Manager (Though after gaining some work experience)
- Technical Analyst
- Web Designer
- Technical Support Read
The above mentioned profiles falls on the ascending ladder which demands experience
and work dedication.
Being a bachelor in computer application one can further go for following post graduation
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) by clearing entrance exams at national or university
- Masters in Computer Management
- Masters Degree in Information Management (MIM)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc IT)
- G-CAT Master
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications
- Post Graduate Programme in Corporate Studies (PGPCS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Programme in Information Security Management Read More...
Prospective Employers in India
Computers is now a necessity at every area, so does its professionals. After BCA,
one can look for following employers or sectors as their career :
- Government as well as in private firms – Work as web designers or program
developers or have a career in systems management. Some government and non-government
firms who may or may not be of IT domain, have separate setup for developing software
or business related applications. Popular examples are government or private banks
which have their own division for managing online transactions and other computer
- Hardware firms- For production, maintenance or assembling computer hardware
components, for B2C and B2B business.
- Management field - Graduates who have pursued MBA in relevant subjects after
BCA will get lucrative jobs in India and abroad also. Some of the fields that BCA
graduates can choose for working are
- Software Analyst
- Bank Jobs
- Call Centers/ BPO (Business Processing Outsourcing)
- Computer System Organizer
- Freelance Writer
- Graphics designing
- Teaching Faculty in IT Institutes
- Technical Outsourcing
- IT Sector - Various reputed IT firms like Accenture, IBM, Wipro, TCS and
Infosys offers many job opportunities for the freshers. They companies may provide
opportunity in India as well as at their center in various countries.
- Defence services – Can be a part of the IT team at defense forces (army,
navy, airforce) to manage their computer based data and other computerized equipment.
- Networking – Companies providing solutions in server management & networking
of computers on LAN or over internet.
Research Opportunity in Kalosoft Systems- Our IT company in India
Since the students of this course will be learning programming languages, they will
be given an opportunity to carry out research of software development, its life
cycle, various platform used in developing a software, etc. The project work can
be initiated in the fourth semester of the course (though not compulsory) in which
students, under the guidance of industry expert learns the application development
from initial phases. Compulsory project completion is on the course during sixth
semester of BCA.
Real time work profiles after doing BCA
- Students will learn various computer languages like C, C++, Java, etc. for programming
which will be required by IT companies for development of their software projects
- Students can take on separate hardware course which will give them opportunity in
companies which deals in manufacturing or assembling of computer hardware parts.
- Not only software developing, but you can be a software designer as well. The major
responsibility of a software designer is to make software design of what all is
expected to be build. This is done with help of various diagrams like flowcharts,
ER Diagrams, Data flow diagrams, etc.
- Business analysis is good field of work where one is expected to interact with client
for their software solutions need and act as bridge between client and programmers.
- Management of computer networks and working of servers is another good profile for
- To provide technical support to its software clients, companies need people who
possess technical know-how of the software. Hence, this is again a good job profile. Read More...
BCA course value addition in true sense
- The course will give you broad understanding about computer world so that you will
not remain a computer illiterate in this era of computer.
- One will be able to enjoy all the benefits of technology and can increase its work
- Having knowledge of better technology will help person to contribute in growth and
success of nation.
- Computer literates can help mankind to grow to newer heights. Read More...
SEMESTER - I
BCA101 : Programming in ‘C’: A language use for compiler designing, usually
taught in the course to develop programming skills & logics. The founders of this
language are Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson.
BCA102 : Fundamental of Computers: Explains about the basic concepts of computers
including the hardware and software.
BCA103: Mathematical foundation of Computer Science: Teaches about the mathematical
calculations in respect to computer and machine languages.
BCA104 : Business Communications: Understanding the nuances and questions
of business communication.
BCAP11 : Programming in ‘C’: Practical of C Language
BCAP12 : PC Packages(Introduction to Operating system & MS Office)
SEMESTER - II
BCA201 : Data Structure & File Organization: Understanding the machine language
and its communication with the use of pointers, to manage the storage and performing
BCA202 : Programming in C++: The advance concepts and programming of C language
using object orientation concepts.
BCA203 : System Analysis and Design: Explains the lifecycle of a Project
or Product development which includes development, testing, analysis, designing
BCA204 : Digital Electronics: Concepts which explain the logical gates and
their use in programming world.
BCAP21 : Data Structure & File Organization: Practical
BCAP22 : Programming in C++: Practical
SEMESTER - III
BCA301 : Computer Based Numerical Techniques: Concepts of mathematical formulas,
theorems and their implementation.
BCA302 : Data Base Management System: Formation and designing of database
structure in different databases like Oracle, SQL
BCA303 : Theory of Computation: Logical working and Operation of Machine
in form of logics and graphical representation of data.
BCA304 : Organization Structure and Personnel Management: Learning the environment
of organizations and your own role at a designation.
BCAP31 : Computer Based Numerical Techniques: Practical – writing program
code in C language to represent theorems and methods.
BCAP32 : Data Base Management System: - Practical
SEMESTER - IV
BCA401 : Operating system Organization & UNIX: Understanding the operating
system and its working as a concept, along with Unix System.
BCA402 : Visual Basic Programming: Learn the programming in Visual Basic
BCA403 : Software Engineering: Theory of complete software development life
cycle, and its stage analysis.
BCA404 : Data Communication & Computer Networks: Explaining the “Know How”
of data travel on computer networks like LAN, WAN, Web.
BCAP41 : Operating System Organization & UNIX: Practical
BCAP42 : Visual Basic Programming: Practical
SEMESTER – V
BCA501 : Computer Graphics: Drawing the graphical images through programming
codes like line, circle.
BCA502 : Web Programming: Explains about the knowledge of building and website
BCA503 : Management Information System: Discuss about the role and information
flow, for the management personnel and its effectiveness in business.
BCA504 : .Net Technology: Overview of .Net Technology from Microsoft.
BCAP51 : Programming in JAVA - Practical
BCAP52 : Net Technology - Practical
BCA601 : .Net Framework: Explains about the platform for .Net which includes
runtime code analyser, memory manager, exception handling, etc.
BCA602 : Network Security: Explaining the techniques and methods for network
security to help larger organization like Banks, Stock Market, Software Companies
to have safe transaction over network.
BCAP61 : .Net Framework: - Practical
BCASM : Seminar: Preparation of presentation on any chosen topic and delivering
it to audience.
BCAPR : Project: Preparation of Project on any chosen topic which should
be functional and can be presented to the concerned faculty.
This is purely a practical based professional course in which theory helps you to
conceptualize software but actual challenges of this field can be known after the
software is practically built and implemented. For this type of learning, following
methods will be used:
- Motivated project using any course subject or computer language, by using resources
and expert guidance of Kalosoft Systems, parent company of Kelvin Institute of Technology.
- Compulsory project in sixth semester of course, which student can develop individually
or can approach various IT & software companies in Dehradun or nearby cities & states
like Haryana, Nanital, Himachal Pradesh, Rishikesh , U.P. , Punjab, Haridwar, Roorkee,
Haldwani, Saharanpur, etc.