BBA Colleges in Bihar
About BBA Course
The course exposes its students to a variety of core subjects related to administration
and management and gradually introduces advanced specialized academic areas for
inducing expert skills. Bachelor of Business Administration, in India, is a 3-year
graduate degree course, which can be done from a government, private, state or deemed
university. These 3 years are divided into theory classes, general personality development,
internship, projects, industrial tour, case studies, training, industry interactions
and seminars. The student can also make choice between pursuing BBA on a full-time
or part-time basis.
Bihar - A proud state with unique intellect
Bihar has a rich history of learning. It is a home of classic ancient universities
of Nalanda (established in 450 CE), Odantapurā (established in 50CE) and Vikramashila
(established in 783 CE). The impact of such an educational heritage can be seen
in the intellect of residents of Bihar state. The people of Bihar are smart, hardworking
and quick learners. The National Employability Report of Engineering Graduates,
2014 rated Bihar as one of the three top states in producing engineering graduates
in terms of quality and employability. They have also put the Bihari graduates in
the top 25 percent of the country. This is commendable as students from Bihar are
rising above all despite lack of government support in higher education and many
other political issues.
Amazing facts about Education in Bihar
- To recreate the essence of quality education, ancient University of Nalanda was
re-established in the year 2014.
- NIT Patna is the second oldest engineering college of India; it was believed to
be established in 1886 as Survey training school, renamed as Bihar College of Engineering
in 1932 and finally upgrading it to National Institute of Technology (NIT) status.
- Bihar has an increased female literacy rate of 53.3 percent, from a mere percent
of 4.22 percent, at the time of independence.
- Patna University, established in the year 2017 during later part of British rule,
is the seventh oldest university of the Indian sub-continent.
- Literacy rate in Bihar has increased from 21.95% in the year 1961 to 63.82% in the
- Bihar has the highest proportion of young people, with almost 58% of the population
are below 25 years of age.
- By the year 2010, it has become second most IAS & IPS producing state.
Universities in Bihar
Apart from popular ancient universities being renewed, Bihar also has modern universities,
that flourished during British reign of India. Though education system had some
setback in the post-independence period due to unsettling disputes among political
parties. But under some great leadership, the education system is again flourishing
to its glory.
At present, Bihar has 17 state universities, 9 central Universities, 2 deemed and
5 proposed private universities.
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University
- Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University
- Bihar Agricultural University
- B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University
- Chanakya National Law University
- Jai Prakash University
- Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University
- Lalit Narayan Mithila University
- Magadh University
- Maulana Mazharul Haque Arabic and Persian University
- Nalanda Open University
- Patna University
- Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University
- Veer Kunwar Singh University
- Patliputra University
- Purnea University
- Bihar Animal Science University
- Munger University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Central University of South Bihar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University
- Nalanda International University (Proposed)
- Rajendra Agricultural University
- Bihar Yoga Bharati
- Nava Nalanda Mahavihara
- Sandip University, Sijoul
- K. K. University
P.S. The listing may differ from actual numbers available since few of the universities
are still proposed and yet to come into physical existence.
Popular career options after BBA, in Bihar region
Bihar is 3 largest state in India in terms of population. As per ALL INDIA SURVEY
ON HIGHER EDUCATION, 2011‐12, total number of under-graduate enrolment in colleges
were 1221177. Hence there is a high number of students who might be looking for
jobs in Bihar and adjacent cities.
Some sectors where one can seek employment after BBA, in Bihar, are
Bihar is the largest producer of vegetables and the second-largest producer of fruits
in India and 80 percent of the population is employed in this industry. This is
a huge sector of Agribusiness and food industry which opens great job positions
for students after completing BBA.
- You can join as a marketing manager at a multinational food company, an agricultural
advisor, or a logistics manager at a large supermarket chain.
- You can also become a financial advisor or an agribusiness accountant.
- There is a high demand for professionals as quality managers, procurers at an international
trading company, retail-marketing managers of fruit and vegetables, and sales managers
of food producers.
- Import and export managers in the food industry is a popular job position.
Administrative & Managerial Jobs in Industry
There is a significant growth in industries, since last 5 years. The administration
is prevalent in every industry of every sector. It literally means administering
the rule, regulations, services and process of the company, on other employees and
on customers too.
As Bihar is concerned, it is an emerging hub of brewery (A brewery or brewing company
is a business that makes and sells beer). Major domestic and foreign firms have
established their production units in different parts of Bihar (Three major firms
– United Breweries Group, Danish Brewery Company Carlsberg Group and Cobra Beer).
You can apply for various job profile under managerial and administrative position
- Social Media Listening Manager
- F & B KAM ( Food & Beverage Key Account Manager)
- Business Development Manager
- Administrative Manager
- Front-office Associate
- Executive Assistant
- Accounts Executive
- Process Engineer
- Brand Manager
- Sales & Operation Executive
- Field Supervisor
- Company Secretary
- EA to Chairman
- Commercial Executive Finance
- Procurement Executive
Some positions are Brewery industry-specific while others may be applicable to any
IT Sector Positions
The State Government is setting up an Information Technology (IT) City at Rajgir
in Nalanda district. BBA graduates can apply for undermentioned positions in an
- Executive- IT
- Content Developer
- HR Recruiters
- Back Office Ops
- Customer Care Executive
- Support Engineer
- IT Corporate Recruiter
- IT Endpoint Security Analyst
- Sales Executive
Every IT company has a strong Human Resource department, where there are multiple
job roles needed.
The education system in Bihar is experiencing a backdrop. One of the major reason
is the scarcity of efficient and dedicated teaching force. You can make a difference
by getting into the education industry and imparting education by using varying
methods. You can be a part of a change that could come in the education system of
Bihar. Take on administrative or teaching services in any government or private
Syllabus of the course
BBA in Uttarakhand state is divided is a mix of following genera:
- Principles of Management
- Personnel Management & Industrial Relations
- Production & Material Management
- Marketing Management
- Business Mathematics & Statistics
- Business Economics
- Business Data Processing
- Business Laws
- Financial & Management Accounting
Introduction to Operations Research
- Legal Studies
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Supply Chain Management
For more detailed subject study topics, please refer to the syllabus of respective
Who studies this course?
BBA makes you more organized and helps in developing administrative skills, via
its theories and organizational process charts. You can take up this course to
- Join an administrative job (Administrative Assistant, Bill & Account Collectors,
Financial Clerks, General Clerks, Administrative Service Manager, Front Office Manager,
Public Relation Manager, etc.)
- Or join your family business with advance business tactics,
- Or initiate your own venture(s).
It will be of great help while studying BBA if you were a commerce stream student
in class 12th.
There is a lot said about the decline of the education system in Bihar, mostly due
to political reasons. But the spirit and hard work of people of Bihar is making
them come in open space and earn themselves reputed managerial and administrative
positions. For these strong-willed students, BBA can be a great course to initiate
the change, within themselves, in Bihar and in the country.